I usually just read the posts but now have one to share…I was lucky enough to attend the premiere of “World of Color” last night at Disney California Adventure and all I can say is WOW! It was awesome and unlike anything I have ever seen. Some of the lighting and special effects they are able to create on water and mist are absolutely amazing. And the colors are so rich and vibrant! I don’t want to spoil anything so I’ll stop the description there…but make sure that you have “World of Color” on your itinerary during your next visit to the Disneyland Resort.
That said, here’s a few tips and tricks to help make sure you get a chance to see the World of Color this summer…
– Get a Fastpass! This is not necessarily a tip, but a more necessity if you want to see the show in the Paradise Park viewing area directly across the bay from Mickey’s Fun Wheel. Demand will be so high for this new show that a Fastpass ticket will be required to see one of the scheduled showings from the specially built Paradise Park viewing area. Keep in mind that this area is pretty much standing room only. There is no designated seating for World of Color.
– 3 ways to get a Fastpass for World of Color:
- Get to Disney California Adventure when (or before) it opens! The park typically opens at 10 a.m. but starting at 9 a.m. they allow guests through the gate to line up at the rope drop on the “Route 66” path towards Grizzly River Rapids (GRR). They will be converting the Fastpass stations at GRR in the morning to distribute Fastpasses for that evening’s performances of World of Color. The pass will designate the show time and section that you are assigned to. The times and sections will be determined randomly to make sure everyone has an equal chance for viewing. Once the machines are exhausted of tickets for that evening’s performances, it will begin distributing Fastpass tickets for Grizzly River Rapids
- Arrange for a prix fixe dining package at Ariel’s Grotto or Wine Country Tratorria with pricing ranging from $37-$40 for adults and $19-$21 for children 3-9. Reservations can be made by calling 714-781-DINE or can be arranged at the Disney Desk located in the lobby of the Hilton Anaheim hotel.
- Purchase a World of Color picnic meal for around $15. These must be ordered online at disneyland.com or, based upon availability, may be purchased directly in the park.
– If you aren’t lucky enough to score a Fastpass before they run out, viewing from the Mickey’s Fun Wheel side of the bay will be first come, first served and will not require any type of pass.
– Typical disclaimer: all of this, of course, is subject to change. It may take a little while to work out the kinks but it seems like Disney has put in a lot of thought into how best to manage the thousands of people that will be descending on the parks this summer to experience World of Color.
– For the most up to date information, I highly recommend becoming a friend of Disneyland on Facebook or at least adding their blog to your favorites. They do a fantastic job keeping the updates fresh and new. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/
– Last tip, save lots of time by purchasing all of your tickets at the Disney Desk located in Hilton Anaheim lobby. The desk sells every type of ticket that can be purchased at the Main Gate ticket booths, including the Summer Pass for So CA residents, Annual Passports, and gift cards. And, as mentioned above, you can even make your dining reservations through the Disney Desk!